<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, June 13, 2006

To Smoke or not to smoke....
So there is the shot behind the ears that is supposed to help you quit smoking. I have been trying to get an appointment to get the shot, but now I am not so sure. This lady (Caucasian) at work got the shot yesterday morning and she has been cranky since! Well I thought it was just me but apparently she has gone bananas and was asked to go home!

How about today the chic came in, barged in my office and demanded some paperwork I was working on, granted I had to give it to her but not till close of business and here it is 10am and she is hounding me for it, I wasn’t exactly in the best of moods myself having sat in traffic for 40 minutes to get here. She had a very nasty disposition and I politely asked her if she was alright and she snapped FINE. A couple hours later, I heard her yelling at our Boss, she called him an Uptight Nazi!!! We all looked at each other in disbelief, here is this mild mannered, happy go lucky woman going berserk! Da hell? My boss called HR and they asked her to take a few days off, she went from anger to sobbing uncontrollably and apologizing to everyone! My boss was amused by the outburst because he said one of the side effects of the shot was Tourette (Sp) syndrome! Omo, I am not getting that shot o!

Anywho, I finally registered Omolayo for summer camp, she started this morning, its like 5 minutes from the house so it works for me. Day one and they are already asking me to chaperone some field trip! Omo, soccer mum died and went to heaven! I really am not a fan of kids and I can’t imagine pretending for 4 hours that little Johnny is adorable, when I really want to choke little Johnny’s dumb ass for spilling kool-aid on my leather kicks. The other evening Omolayo had a recital, I nearly killed senior citizens rushing to make it there on time, only for the running nose brats to get on stage and sing some off key song and bam! It was over! I mean come on! The parking lot was full, no seats in the house, proud parents with Cameras and camcorder and the entire ordeal lasted five minutes? Oh helll na! Omolayo told me later that she know I think it’s dumb but they worked really hard on it…okay I felt a tad bit bad! But all that hassle for 5 minutes? COME ON!!

Dammy and Dayo boy came over last night and I made dinner. I also unpacked the rest of my stuff, and the place is coming together quite nicely. Mrs Awani (Dayo girl) is back from Naija I can’t wait to get the gist of how it all went down.



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator