<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ole, Barawo, Thief!!!
So last week right, I wake up to find my phone beeping, indicating it needed to be charged; I was baffled because, it was plugged in all night. My damn charger had broken! Oh hell to the no! I had had it with this phone. I was trying to be savy and paid a fortune for a crack head PDA phone that gets on my damn nerves. I had a plan.

I called my carrier and told them I had misplaced my phone, hell why not? I have been paying 5 par insurance for like 2 years now so I beggi! I was told they would send me a refurbished phone…the same one! Kai I have been punked! The same one ke? Which would mean I would still have to buy a new charger? The lady put me on hold and came back with “ahem, I am sorry you insurance policy does not cover loss or theft” Say werrin? You mean to tell me that I just sat on the phone for the past hour explaining in the best Fone I could for squat? Mean while the phone had been suspended so if anyone finds it they couldn’t use it! Yepa!! E gba mi O! teef no good O!

Aight so what exactly does my insurance cover? Water damage or malfunction…Okay, I will be back. It took me a good week to devise a plan. I got a glass of water, sat it on my desk and allowed my phone marinate for 8 hours then I called the carrier up yesterday, couldn’t get through so I drove there after work. I told the lady I found my lost phone in my kitchen sink, I was soaking my dishes for the past week and it must have fallen inside. Ooops its water damaged now so can I get a replacement? How about I not only have to pay the $50 deductible, I now have to wait 5-7 days for them to ship me a replacement phone! Again same Phone still no damn charger! I was mad frustrated. I really need to tap my conniving genes next time and come up with a more ingenious plan. So I changed from irate customer mode to vulnerable, helpless twit mode and asked the dude if there was anything I could do to get a phone tonight, without coming out the pocket. He told me the cheapest phone in the store was $200, I don’t qualify for a rebate or a new customer discount…unless, I add a line, if I did then he could give me a new camera, speaker LG phone. Who gives a flying F%$K about camera and speaker omo just give me phone and I’ll be fine. So I signed a new 2 year contract, got a new local phone number and a new phone. I left a message on my other phone for callers to call my new line pending the time I get my replacement. I learned my lesson. The US of A is designed for crooks like me. I am ashamed; being cheap has cost me my livelihood for 7 whole days! I mean, yes I have a land line and a phone in my office but so what! I never realized how essential my phone was to my life! My name is Bola…I am a fraud…I have repented from my fraudulent ways…I will…after I get my new phone! HEHEHEHE



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator