<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dress Code.....Skank!
Aii, so I had another appointment this morning, to scale tartar from one side of my teeth…ewww TMI…. I know! I will do the other side next week or so. Please tell me why is it today that I choose to stroll in my office at about 1pm did the VP of our company decide to visit?

So its ‘feel cute day’ in Wasimi Olse, my Ogun state village and here I am wearing a sleeveless top and white shorts that fits snug and above my knee and peep this..... WHITE PATENT LEATHER PUMPS with a buckle around the ankle. I grabbed a black blazer to throw on top only because I knew my office would be freezing!

So here is the Bill Gates of my world stopping by to say hello. I was on the phone with E, talking about the type of shit that makes a black girl blush and Whooosaaaa Oga enter. I dismissed E with a “Is there anything else I can help you with?” BS to make it seem like I was earning my pay.

“Hello Bola, nice to meet you, I hear you are doing lovely things for our numbers?” I was confused and my boss followed closely behind to help me with the lost look I wore on my face! “Bola this is Bill, VP of our company” I couldn’t stop smiling; I must have looked like an idiot! I managed a weak “HI” and sat down before he noticed my baffs.

“Dear Lord, why is it the day I dress the least professional VP chooses to shows up?” He looked around my office and he said I am very efficient and organized!!!!…..Buhahahahaha that is tooo funny, please o oga Bill…wait till you see my car! Just don’t ask me for a ride to the Airport!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator