<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, June 19, 2006

Another weekend in Raleigh
Hmm what a weekend! I decided to scrap my braids Friday night and trade them in for my signature punk do. I met up with Gbemi at the shop and Remi came by to keep me company while I do my hair. I decided to do the color thing I had tried at home professionally. So homegirl applied some crap to the front portion of my hair and before I knew what was going on, I was officially blond!!! Bloggville…we have a problem!
I was on freak out mode and Nicole(stylist) assured me that we were just lifting the dark color off my hair and we would apply something else….Phewwwww, I’m fin to say!
Aight so several hours later, my har is auburn in front and black everywhere else, not quite the shade I was going for but it will work.




Saturday morning, I picked Ade up from the gym, shouldn’t I be going with her to the gym….hmmm maybe next week! We went to the mall, I had to return some playdoh the Mac lady was trying to set me up with….I think Mac is over rated o jare, apart from their shadows which are to die for, make Mac find a cliff! Will a Mary Kay consultant holla at me! I am hooked. With the Mary Kay compact powder you never look like you dipped your face in Fondue!

Ade and I roamed the mall for a couple hours then I had to go to Ashandy’s, she had put my name on Jollof Rice for the cookout she was having later in the day. I dropped Princess O off at Remi’s (Ashandy scares the hell out of my kid) How about the cook out was supposed to start at 2pm and that is when I started cooking rice!

Invite

Ashandy is hosting us O! BBQ and things on Saturday June 17th at her crib.

5404 ################### 27616

She has asked that I invite all her favorite people so be there!

It starts at 2pm so please don't be fashionable late or you will be fashionable hungry!

Chef Boladee will be in the building!

DJ...Folipepe will be in our mix!

Bring whatever you want!

Dress code: Picnic so save your baffs for ya mama

Call Remi, Ashandy or myself for directions.

For all you Shayo bastards, there will be plenty to shack!

And Oh...if you were thinking of bringing a friend....DON'T!



See yall Saturday!


The cook out was fun as hell! Dayo boy was on the grill and Dupe took over later. We danced to old school jams…hell I tried to dance (can’t dance for shit!) and played Ludo, Remi is the reigning champion (I hate that Damn game!). I had a really good time!


Sunday morning my phone was going bananas…it was Remi, apparently Big Seg has been married 21 years in conjunction with his birthday there was a thanksgiving service at his church. So I did not go to my regular church on Sunday we went to his. It was…..different! But the highlight of my day was the food after, I mean Good Gawd, it was one kind of good! Besides my being greedy as hell, there is this special kinda hunger pang you get after a Sunday sermon, if you know what I mean and the food they served after hit the spot!
A lady Remi knew invited us to a surprise party she was throwing for her husband’s 40th birthday. But peep this…I was the most surprised MOFO in the building…I will spare you the details. To calm my troubled mind I drank half a cup of Hennessey and I was nice for the remainder of the evening. I started talking shit and scoping one particular dude that was tickling my fancy. He was a rugged rude boy in a lets go for a ride in my okada kind of way, no worries I shall refurbish him; he will be an OG in no time! HEHEHEHEEHEHE. For the most part the weekend was hot!
Pictures!!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator