<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, May 01, 2006

Sending April off with a bang!
Ok maybe I am having a little too much fun…well just a tad.
I was supposed to go to church Friday night but I was so tired, I crashed at about 9pm. My babies are all preparing for their exams so I really did not have company to go to the movies. You know how you have a certain group of people you like to go to the movies with? You folks that you always agree on what to see and when to see it? Yeah well my movie folks are Dammy, Lolade, Oyinade and Dayo, occasionally, I will go with Remi and Ade but on most days, they rather sleep! Drowsy heifers!! It used to be Seyi but he never want to see chick flicks so I dumped him as a cinema buddy. So Friday night…no movies, no church, just uninterrupted sleep!

Saturday morning, I got up early to help Dayo move, I didn’t actually move shit but I am good at organizing and giving orders. It took about a hour, then we all had luch at my new crazed joint golden coral. I ran errands the rest of the day in preparation for Seun’s baby shower. I had to buy a relaxer and give myself a perm because no shop was taking walk in on a Saturday afternoon. I decided to color my hair burnt orange, something different right? WRONG!!! After about 30 minutes of sitting with semi-permanent die in my hair, I rinsed it to find it was still the same dark brown I started with! Waramess!

We decided to go out Saturday night. Dupe and Tomi were working the Marlboro job at Stool Pigeons but they joined Remi, Denrele and I after the clocked out. Dude was in town so he picked up the tab. How about my nonsense ass wore fake eyelashes! Looking like Marilyn Monroe on crack! It was fun though; I think I will try them again!
We left the bar at about 2:30 am and Lord knows we all have to get up early and cook in the AM. Didn’t get much sleep HEHEHEHE but I was up bright and early to fry my goat meat and still make it to church…two hours late but hey!

The shower was a nice turn out. A big shout out to Seun and the boys…yeah she is having twins. To all the ladies I harassed and manipulated into cooking and buying sturvs ….thanks!! The food was fab and plentiful; somehow I attribute that to not having men there. Other than Seun, there were 3 other pregnant women present! Yall beeches stay the hell away from me because it going around like a virus! After the shower we all hung around and argued about who was going to heaven and what it would take to get there, Muslim versus Christian and whatever other controversies we could think of. I cleaned up for another half hour before finally calling it a wrap.




The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator