<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the past few days...
Ashandy made a mean obe alata and invited me for dinner Monday night, I was soooo full, I took a quick Nigaritis nap then we watched Oprah's legend ball. Thanks Shandy...please whats for dinner tonight?

Remi left yesterday morning....she is in Jand and will be in Naija in a week or so. The Banjizzy's came over Remi's house and we all spent the night there, we were up till 3am packing and carrying on. We tasked Ade with driving Remi to the Airport.

Last night Bayo and I went to the movies to see Davinci Code. I dont know why we decided to go on a weekday when both our asses had to work this morning. He picked me up and we headed out there. Dayo passed because he had seen it the night before and Denrele...well...she just passed.
We were 15 minutes late for the 10:15 show and the lady there allowed us in free.

My take on the movie...CRAPULENT!!! I was looking for some life changing experience, something to challenge my faith, something to keep me at the edge of my seat....I was dissapointed to say the least! It was long too! Damn we left at 12:45! If you havent seen it...save you student discount for something more worthy like Akeela and the BEE!!!

Aight gotta run, my girlfriend and I are taking an early lunch and going shoe shopping!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator