<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, May 03, 2006

No more Afefeyeye
Obas don kolo finish! My friend was tellng me about how Naija President is passing a new law to ban spraying of money at parties!

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/may/1/414.html

A few questuons come to mind;


1...Why? What is the point of this new law?
2....How the hell does he plan on enforcing it?
3...Arent there bigger issues for our President to concern his bald head with?
4...How in the hell will IYA KAFILA recoup the 1 million naira she just Splurged on Owambe?



Being as though this man is from my village I wont abuse him much, but I swear it seems as if he has become very random in recent times.

My sister was just telling me about her friends wedding the past weekend and the couple made $13k in spay money! A bit excessive but I doubt that that has any impact on the economy. Sebi na my people? They will improvise sha ni! But on the real, this is our culture, its been like that since before Obas could even crawl...so why now?

At my girl's introduction this man was spraying $100 bills! I was trying so hard to cop me a few but he didnt ja me face. In fact, two reasons I attend owambe parrys are the food and the potential week worth of gas money I wll be sprayed! There goes my livelhood.

My girlfriend is getting married in Naija next month and I suggested passing out envelopes to the guest as they are seated for the collection of the spray dancing money! My GAWD what will Obesere and Kwam 1 do now!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator