<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, May 22, 2006

My London trip via MD




I went to London this past weekend, I stayed at Mo’s and she had the entire weekend planned. Moji got 2 dozen roses delivered Saturday morning! It was so cute, One yellow rose for friendship and 23 roses for love! WOW!!! Somebory loves you!!! I got my do did risikat style and loving it. We made a quick stop at Mo’s friend’s house that just had a baby then we hung out at LA’s house for the afternoon. Later on Saturday we went for Bunmi’s bridal shower, how about Moji and I got lost for over an hour!!! we drove all over Beltsville and at a point we started laughing hysterically at how dumb we were. Map quest is a beech for real. We got to the shower at around 8:30pm! Yes o it started at 3pm! All my fabulous divas were in the house and we had a hell of a good time. Moji made me Ila asepo so I was not hungry at the shower. I saw all my peeps from back in the day; we mingled till about 10pm and made our leave. Moji and I dropped Debola off and headed home. An old friend Fola was around from jand so Mo and I met up with him and his friends Femi and TJ at some bar in B’more. We hung out for a while before heading back to Moji’s place. Fola and his two friends came with and we gisted forever! Moji and I were laughing so hard it still hurts. Fola is just like I remembered except he is now married with two handsome boys…thanks to his wifey! HEHE!! His friends were equally hilarious and we reminisced about the old days. Moji and I went to bed at like 5:30 in the morning! Needless to say church was a no no. I woke up at around 2:30pm and I almost missed my ride back to NC. Moji surprised me with a dress shirt from her London trip! Love you girl! If I did not love Raleigh so much, I would be on the next U-haul to MD baby! We stopped in DC for a quick hello and scooped Dammy from Lola’s…congratulations baby girl…Lola graduated this weekend. Dammy packed up J-rice and Chicken and after I inhaled the food I was knocked out! I woke up in Raleigh….You would think my weekend would be over but noooo! I stayed up with Remi helping her pack her sturvs for her Naija trip and caking on the phone till 3am! I feel sorry with the MOFOS I have to work with in the AM….Imma be naaaaaaaaaagggggggging!!!





























































































After getting here at 9:45am, I took a 3 hour lunch at noon to take Tuoyo, Dayo and Patrick to the airport! I am super bummed that I won’t be in Naija with them for the wedding! Omo that would have been too bunz! We gave our hugs and kisses and I headed back to work.



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator