<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Graduation-Bridal Shower of my favorite peeps...
How was your weekend? Mine was really good. Friday was kind slow, I chilled at home, did a little packing because I am moving…yes o! Again, it’s really sick! I hope there are no psychological implications in my actions….hmmm.

Anywho my hommies graduated!!! Dupe, Dayo and Remi, from the same school so that made it hell of easy. I am so proud of yall, you inspire me to want to do this school thing I swear besides, I would look hell cute in that black robe!




Remi and Dupe threw a barbeque afterwards and the Raleigh family, dysfunctional as we may be, all got together at the Banjizzy’s. The food was great, the company was even better….I had a good time. Later in the evening we planned on going out, I chickened out because I did not bring any baffs and I was tired as hell and I had not packed for my Monday morning move.

On Sunday, I went to church and received my weekly dose of the word…keeps me grounded and all. Remi Funmi Ade and I went shopping for Dayo’s bridal shower later that afternoon. The shower was a great success even though I was not on the planning committee #%&? Go figure!! The most organized, intimate one I have been to date. I would have loved to have some goat meat on the menu but that is just the Omo Egba in me speaking. Dayo had fun and you could tell everyone was genuinely excited for her. Me and my babies Lolade and Dammie won 5 out of the 8 games played! YeeeeeHHHHHAAAA okay we sorta cheated! LOL. There was this part where they asked Dayo weird questions about Tuoyo and it freaked me out how she answered all 20 questions right! I mean shit like “How many times does Tuoyo fart a night?” and “When was Tuoyo’s grandmother’s first kiss?” I mean…da hell? Who knows these things? Ok maybe those weren’t the actual questions but they were close dammit! It was fun sha, and I am really really happy for them.



















So I got home at about 7pm and my babies all came to help me pack. Oyinade, Dammy and Lolade, even pregnant Victoria. Remi and Dewunmi came in the morning. I hired movers and it took them 4 hours to get all my shit out! Good Gawd!! I feel another yard sale coming!!!

See More Pictures HERE




The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator