<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Who the hell wants to rob me?
Did alot of shopping last week for Omolayo, I always shop for her but a little more so last week because of her birthday, I wanted her to have the right outfit for the Big day, a formal wear for church and then something chic for Adventure landing...anywho, she ended up wearing the outfit Aunty Remi bought for her, then I spent buku money on OPC (other people's children) but I digress. So I am chilling minding my business and I decide to get lunch only to find my card declined...the hell? I am broke but damn that was just a $10 meal! Thank God it was 'to go' and I did not sit there and inhale the damn thing, then I'd have to wash dishes with my good nail polish on!...... embarrased out of my mind, I jejely took my leave and ran to the bank!

After explaining my dilema to the daftest teller born, she informed me that my $900 purchase at Sony E Solutions this afternoon wiped out my account...Say kini? Who? excuse me? hello? I have been sitting at my desk working like a runaway slave since 10am! I asked for a print out and the chick handed it to me. True true the records indicated a $900 purchase was made about an hour earlier! Egba mi, call the popo and alert the fucking media!!! The chic went on to say that I should think carefully and try to remember my transactions for the day! ahem! BEECH, I think I would vividly remember dropping $900 on a single purchase especially if it was an hour ago! I start to sweat, mostly because I was famished and I really did not have time for this crap.

After a truckload of paper work to dispute the transaction, I was given $20 pending my investigation (5 business days). My card has been cancelled and I have been robbed! I always laugh when I hear such stories and I never imagined it would be me! I am such a careless MOFO when it comes to finances and I never check my account but guess what? I will going forward...believe that!

If I catch the ASSWIPE that bought Sony VIAO at my expense, I will be forced to pull out my egba potion and sprinkle were dust all over the MOFO!




The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator