<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fresh off the boat!
So I was talking to my Dawg the other day, I wont say his name for fear that he will kill me but we were reminiscing about when we first got to Yankee and our initial reaction to the lifestyle of what appeared to be the RICH, FAMOUS AND EXTREMELY LUCKY folks that reside here.
So my Dawg who happens to be a man told me that he took pictures while he was out shopping and sent them back home to show that he was now a baler, well that sounds pretty cool right? Na…how about he was holding a Payless and Wal-Mart bag, smiling like he had just hit a jackpot! Posing such that the bags were visible in each picture! Then he wrote on the back of each picture, ‘Just me doing a little shopping in Yankee!’ LMAO!!! He was like “Bola, I must have looked really stupid” Yeah boo…just a tad! Now my man walks around in his Kenneth Cole gear speaking Fone!! Buhahahaha

After sharing such an embarrassing story with me it is only right that I share mine.
I was about 6 when my family moved back to the States; my mum took us out to Old Country Buffet in MD fresh of the plane. I was overwhelmed with the thought that I could actually eat any and everything I could see…it blew my young mind, After about 3 rounds and I was fully to the point of stupor, I told my mum in Yoruba “Ah mummy mo ti de ibi ti ma ku si” meaning I have arrived at my place of death. My family has never let me live it down and they talk about it at every gathering.

So….do share what is your razzest moment in Yankee or Jand?



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator